SK Bearings was founded in 1960 by Bernard Dixon following a successful career as a maltster and brewer. Besides publishing various works and winning international prizes for his beers, he invented the original Brewmaster recipe and ran the UK's 24th largest company.
SK Bearings is a division of the Dixon International Group Ltd. which manufactures award winning products for the construction industry such as Sealmaster.
- Founded by Bernard Dixon (1960).
- BBC & Sealmaster develop acoustic seal for BBC's studio doors (1975).
- Council of Industrial Design Award for range of seals (1986).
- Thames Barrier protected with specialised vertical sliding bearings.
- English Heritage use upgrading membranes developed in response to the Windsor Castle fire (1995).
- British Antarctic Survey installs Sealmaster weather seals in the Halley Base at the South Pole (1999).
- Eurotunnel use specialised Pipe Saddle Bearings (1999).
- Design Council makes 4 Millennium Product Awards for creative & innovative new products (1999).
- DETR / Building Centre Trust case study on best practice use of IT features one of our on-line services (2000).
A Millennium Product company
SK Bearings is a Division of The Dixon International Group Ltd., which was identified by the Design Council as one of Britain's 1000 most innovative companies in 1999.
Other DIG Construction Products